SHUEISHA Privacy Guideline
Shueisha Inc. (hereinafter, “Our Company”), while establishing “Basic Policy of Shueiha on How to Treat Personal Information” to protect privacy of those who use the websites operated by Our Company, annouces this privacy guideline on how Our Company processes customers’ personal data including customers’ personal information. Definitions of the terms used in this guideline are as follows:
- ■ “Personal Information”
- “Personal Information” shall have the same meaning as that of the “personal information” defined in “Act on the Protection of Personal Information” (Act No. 57 of May 30, 2003, amended on September 3, 2015, hereinafter “APPI”), i.e., information containing name, address etc., through which a specific individual can be identified, and information containing an individual identification code including license number of driver’s license and face recognition data. Information, through which a specific individual cannot be identified, but readily identified by collated with other information, shall be also included in Personal Information.
- ■ “Specific Personal Information”
- “Specific Personal Information” shall have the same meaning as that of “specific personal information” defined in the “Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in the Administrative Procedure” (Act No.27 of 2013; hereinafter referred to as the "Numbers Use Act"), i.e., personal information including individual number (my number).
- ■ “Personal Related Information”
- “Personal Related Information” shall mean information related to certain individual including access log information associated with internet use, while not sufficient to identify a specific individual, distinctive in that one can recognize as “information related to a certain individual.” This includes information concerning information communication equipment (e.g., identifier including identification code unique to each equipment and location data), browsing history of webpages etc. available through cookie identifier etc., email address or account ID, through which alone a specific individual cannot be identified.
- ■ “Personal Data”
- “Personal Data” shall be a concept regarding customer’s privacy and collective term for both of “Personal Information” and “Personal Related Information.”
- ■ “Statistical Information”
- “Statistical Information” shall mean modified Personal Related Information for statistical purpose so that the information can no longer be associated with a specific individual.
(Table of Contents)
[Details of Shueisha Privacy Guideline